Excerpt: “The Grounding of a Marine Biologist”
Paul Dayton describes formative experiences in new collection of nature writing
– Submitted by Marisa G., 15, Alpha, N.J.
Small flasks such as these were used under a novel process to synthesize an antibiotic natural product.
Historically potent medicines derived from nature — such as penicillin — are based on chemical structures that are often too intricate to easily reproduce artificially
- Research Highlight: Tropical Storms, Global Consequences491 views
- In the News Now: Scripps Begins Daily ‘Keeling Curve’ Updates as CO2 Approaches 400 ppm424 views
- Research Highlight: Big Result from a Tiny Ocean271 views
- Research Highlight: Bizarre to the Bone259 views
- Photo of the Week: Courtship Dance236 views