A scientist and an artist team up to explain how industrial chemicals influence humans and other organisms at the cellular level.
There are many persistent industrial chemicals that accumulate in marine life and in our bodies. For many years we have had problems predicting which industrial chemicals will be persistent in the environment. Artist Perrin Ireland worked with Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego Assistant Professor of Biology Amro Hamdoun to explain how current research in cell biology might be used to to prevent this problem from happening in the future. Watch Perrin’s beautiful watercolor art unfold here.
- In the News Now: Scripps Begins Daily ‘Keeling Curve’ Updates as CO2 Approaches 400 ppm720 views
- Photo of the Week: Courtship Dance567 views
- Research Highlight: Tropical Storms, Global Consequences422 views
- Research Highlight: Bizarre to the Bone347 views
- Research Highlight: Big Result from a Tiny Ocean291 views