Through the UC Ship Funds program, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego graduate students are afforded a rare opportunity to commandeer Scripps research vessels in support of their science goals. Scripps student Christina Frieder is the latest to get the chance and explorations now readers are invited to follow the progress of her San Diego Coastal Expedition aboard R/V Melville. The cruise begins June 30 and will explore the health of our ocean and seeks to expand our knowledge of local San Diego waters.
Frieder and her fellow students, both graduates and undergrads, will blog from the field and offer a multimedia experience of the coast.
Follow the San Diego Coastal Expedition here and let the adventure begin!
- Research Highlight: Navy Deploys Scripps Global Drifter Buoys1,565 views
- Around the Pier: A Story about Science975 views
- Research Highlight: Deep-Sea Lander Donated by ‘Titanic’ Filmmaker May Touch Down Again in Fall885 views
- Video: Scripps Center for Oceans and Human Health678 views
- Photo of the Week: Gulf of California593 views