In this explorations now video, Scripps development engineer Kevin Hardy explains how an instrument he created will collect water from one of the deepest places on Earth. Hardy and others traveled to the MarianaTrench in the western Pacific Ocean to send several instruments to the seafloor during a July 2011 cruise.
- In the News Now: Scripps Begins Daily ‘Keeling Curve’ Updates as CO2 Approaches 400 ppm651 views
- Photo of the Week: Courtship Dance594 views
- Research Highlight: Tropical Storms, Global Consequences483 views
- Research Highlight: Bizarre to the Bone335 views
- Research Highlight: Big Result from a Tiny Ocean291 views