In this explorations now video, Scripps development engineer Kevin Hardy explains how an instrument he created will collect water from one of the deepest places on Earth. Hardy and others traveled to the MarianaTrench in the western Pacific Ocean to send several instruments to the seafloor during a July 2011 cruise.
- Research Highlight: Concentrations of Garbage Patch Plastic Estimated639 views
- Research Highlight: Rising Ocean Acidification Leads to Anxiety in Fish505 views
- Around the Pier: Scripps Postdocs Train as Cruise Chief Scientists504 views
- Research Highlight: A Peek into Nature’s Glowing Slime359 views
- Around the Pier: Ocean Drilling Support Office Honors Scripps Legacy351 views