Filmmaker James Cameron and longtime Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego development engineer Kevin Hardy were part of the team that enabled Cameron to visit the deepest point the world’s oceans in 2012. Now they have teamed up again to bring students a fun way to learn about engineering and physics. All it takes are a few simple steps and some household items.
Follow the steps to build your own submersible crafts in this activity illustrated by artist Tanya Young.
Click this link for a print-friendly copy: SUBMARINE_A_Journey_into_Science_Discovery
- Research Highlight: Concentrations of Garbage Patch Plastic Estimated673 views
- Around the Pier: Scripps Postdocs Train as Cruise Chief Scientists539 views
- Research Highlight: Rising Ocean Acidification Leads to Anxiety in Fish365 views
- How Much of the Earth is Truly Undiscovered, Above and/or Below Water?284 views
- Around the Pier: Ocean Drilling Support Office Honors Scripps Legacy263 views