Researchers travel to the Maldives to witness the aftermath of a major bleaching event
From June 23 to July 29, 2011, a group of scientists took part in ICESCAPE, a multi-year study of the effects of climate change on Arctic ecosystems. From aboard U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Healy, Jim Swift, a research oceanographer at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego, kept a log of the cruise.
- Research Highlight: Concentrations of Garbage Patch Plastic Estimated370 views
- How Much of the Earth is Truly Undiscovered, Above and/or Below Water?275 views
- Around the Pier: Scripps Postdocs Train as Cruise Chief Scientists197 views
- Photo of the Week: Scripps at COP19 Climate Talks167 views
- Voyager: What makes the ocean salty and how much salt is in the ocean?147 views