Embark on an unforgettable journey with the ocean experts at Birch Aquarium at Scripps! For the 13th year, Birch Aquarium at Scripps naturalists and Flagship–San Diego Harbor Excursion will offer twice-daily whale watching cruises to locate gray whales now through April.
The whales are taking part in the longest mammal migration in the world, when approximately 20,000 pass San Diego on their annual 10,000-mile round-trip journey from the Bering Sea to the lagoons of Baja California. Join daily cruises off the coast of San Diego or journey down to the Baja California breeding grounds. Last year, tour participants spotted nearly 500 gray whales, not to mention thousands of dolphins as well as humpback whales, fin whales and other marine mammals. Click here for more information, coupons and the latest posts from the Birch whale watching blog.
- Research Highlight: Concentrations of Garbage Patch Plastic Estimated623 views
- Research Highlight: Rising Ocean Acidification Leads to Anxiety in Fish533 views
- Around the Pier: Scripps Postdocs Train as Cruise Chief Scientists495 views
- Research Highlight: A Peek into Nature’s Glowing Slime381 views
- Around the Pier: Ocean Drilling Support Office Honors Scripps Legacy360 views