Scripps Friends and Family celebrate in aloha style as the sun sets on another great year at Scripps
Scripps Institution of Oceanography students, scientists, staff, alumni, friends and family spent a full day celebrating all things Scripps at the fifth annual Scripps Day, June 15, 2012. The annual event commemorates achievements of the past year, a commencement for graduating students, recognition of honors received by members of the Scripps community, and open houses across campus.
This year Scripps alumnus Rick Grigg, legendary surfer and emeritus professor of oceanography at University of Hawaii at Manoa, delivered the keynote address to graduating Students. “Keep true to the dreams of your youth,” was his advice to the future science leaders hoping to follow in his footsteps.
Scripps Day 2012 Photo Gallery:
Scripps Day 2012 Video:
- Research Highlight: Tropical Storms, Global Consequences474 views
- In the News Now: Scripps Begins Daily ‘Keeling Curve’ Updates as CO2 Approaches 400 ppm405 views
- Research Highlight: Big Result from a Tiny Ocean274 views
- Research Highlight: Bizarre to the Bone252 views
- Photo of the Week: Courtship Dance244 views