How do you bring organisms back from deep depths like the Mariana Trench without the organisms exploding from the change in outside pressure?
– Bryce K., 13, San Diego
How did James Cameron’s successful dive to the deepest part of the ocean benefit us?
– Julian H., 13, Mocksville, N.C.
Q: In looking at a world map showing ocean surface currents, it appears that with very few exceptions, currents do not cross the equator. Why is this?
— Submitted by Chris W., 15, Beaverton, Ore.
– Submitted by Kody S., 16, Minster, Ohio
–Submitted by Sara W., 17, Albuquerque, N.M.
– Submitted by Mackenzie B., 12, Key West, Fl.
- Research Highlight: Concentrations of Garbage Patch Plastic Estimated355 views
- How Much of the Earth is Truly Undiscovered, Above and/or Below Water?268 views
- Around the Pier: Scripps Postdocs Train as Cruise Chief Scientists177 views
- Photo of the Week: Scripps at COP19 Climate Talks157 views
- Voyager: What makes the ocean salty and how much salt is in the ocean?145 views